Seiten

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

love the new trend: hidden wedge sneakers

I am normally not a sneaker person at all: looking into my closet I only have 3 pairs. I am really surprised at myself that I am now so crazy over these Isabel Marant hidden wedge sneakers - the brand that started this whole trend about two seasons ago. When I first saw pictures of Kate Bosworth last year, I thought that these are not my type at all. But now I would nearly do anything just to get these shoes asap. They are constantly sold out everywhere the minute they are popping up in any online store. And I haven't seen a retail shop in Vienna yet that carries them so far. The hype has really been growing strong also among models and celebs who wear these sneakers off duty all the time. Guess they don't have to wait that long to get them. I have to confess that by now I even love the multicolor bulky ones, seen on Miranda Kerr or Alicia Keys. I am so curious how they will fit on me who is shorter and not skinny. I have put myself on the wait list at Inked who will get them for fall 2012.

Here is a picture of the sneak preview of IM shoes for AW2012 (found it on http://marantphiles.com/):

A short guide of the different sneaker types, in case you are also in search:
  • Willows (former Becketts): second row, the bulkier and higher wedge sneakers - comes in uni or multi colorways
  • Bobby: last row, wedge is not so high as the Willow, all suede
  • Betty: last row, like the Bobby but are a combination of suede and leather
And here are some amazing celeb pics - all wearing IM:








And ... what do you think? Like them or hate them?

No comments:

Post a Comment